The overall health of a vaccine market includes an assessment of the total number of suppliers, relative concentration among them, ability to distribute globally and the state of the development to quantify whether the market is healthy, concerning, or unhealthy. Measured globally, this indicator assesses the health of 12 vaccine markets.
Regular semi-quantitative assessments of individual market health will be conducted by partners on an annual basis to track level of market health over time, disaggregated by antigen and country typology (e.g., income level).
Level of health of the vaccine market—Global
|Bacille Calmette-Guerin (BCG)|
|Human papillomavirus (HPV)|
|Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV)|
|Penta (whole-cell pertussis-containing)|
|Hexa (acellular pertussis-containing)|
|Inactivated polio vaccine, stand-alone|
1) No market study update in 2020 - same as 2019.
2) Unavailable as MI4A pneumococcal market study not yet completed.
3) Unavailable as MI4A measles market study not yet completed.
4) No market study update - same as 2019.
5) Same as 2019.
6) Unavailable as UNICEF SD market note not yet completed.